Our Cleaning Services
Commuter Cleaners aims to be one of the best dry cleaners in Port Chester, NY, and the surrounding areas of Rye, Harrison, White Plains, Larchmont in New York. We offer three important services for you – our customers –
- Dry Cleaning – looking for the best dry cleaners in Port Chester, NY? We aim to be the best dry cleaners in town and one of the top-rated dry cleaning services. Drop by one of our convenient stores!
- Home Pickup & Delivery – need convenience? Our home delivery service will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning right to your door. We do the hard work for you – a great time saver for busy Port Chester residents!
- Specialty Cleaners – we are one of the largest cleaners in the greater NY / CT metro area, and we specialize in specialty cleaning such as suede, rugs, leather, wedding dresses, linens – anything and everything. If you are looking for the best specialty cleaner in Port Chester- you’ve found it!
Call us at 203-348-6964 or email us for a FREE estimate. Learn more about our services below –
Home Delivery Dry Cleaning Service
Serving: Port Chester, NY and surrounding areas
Watch our video on Home Pickup and Delivery Dry Cleaning!
Commuter Cleaners offers home delivery dry cleaning services within a ten miles radius of Port Chester, NY. Our Port Chester home delivery cleaning service like going to the cleaners twice weekly, without you having to waste your time! There is no extra charge, and your credit card is billed at the end of the month for the work we have done for you.
A typical Port Chester, NY, home delivery customer follows this routine.
- Step 1. On Sunday night he fill his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes. This is a busy Port Chester resident, and he wants his dry cleaning and other cleaning ‘done for him’ by a local Port Chester dry cleaner. If there are specialty cleaning items such as suede, leather, bed linens, suits, dresses, sweaters, etc. – we clean any of these and special instructions can be left for specialty cleaning items.
- Step 2. On Monday morning before leaving for work, our busy Port Chester commuter or resident leaves his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes on his porch. He goes to work.
- Step 3. Our driver, stops by his house (located within ten miles radius of Port Chester, NY, or one of our other convenient locations in Westchester County NY and in Fairfield County, CT), and picks up the blue dry cleaning / clothes cleaning bag. The driver brings the dirty clothes to our main plant in Port Chester New York, where they are cleaned.
- Step 4. On Thursday, the clean clothes are brought back to his home in Port Chester NY (or wherever he might live in Westchester County, NY, or Fairfield County, CT), and left where he has instructed us to leave them; front porch, back porch, garage or alcove. The Port Chester customer has left another bag on his porch. The driver picks up this bag and brings it to our main plant in Stamford for our dry cleaning process to clean these clothes. We can also do normal wash and fold services for Port Chester, NY, customers.
- Step 5. On Thursday night, the customer returns home to find that his freshly clean clothes have been delivered and are waiting for him. At the end of the month, he receives a statement detailing all charges to his credit card. In one month he has saved the time wasted on eight trips to the dry cleaners!
In sum, using Commuter Cleaners as your local Port Chester, NY, home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service is an excellent way to save time on dry cleaning, wash and fold, and other speciality cleaning items. Whether you just want your shirts cleaned and pressed, your business suits or dresses cleaned, or whether you have specialty items like bed linens – let us make your life in Port Chester easier, by being your best Port Chester home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service!
Specialty Cleaning from the Best Specialty Cleaners near Port Chester, NY
Serving: Port Chester, NY and surrounding areas
Got a special item? We clean it all. Leather, suede, wedding dresses! If you are looking for a specialty dry cleaning service in Port Chester, New York, give us a call or email. Here is a list of the types of items we commonly clean as one of the best specialty cleaners in the greater Port Chester, NY, area –
- Suede Cleaning – got a beautiful suede coat? Suede shoes? Suede purse? Suede is one of the most beautiful treatments to leather but it can quickly get spots or dirt. We specialize in hard-to-clean suede items, so bring your suede purses, coats, shoes in and we will make them look like new!
- Leather Cleaning – leather is durable, leather is tough, but leather can get dirty. We specialize as one of the top specialty cleaners in Port Chester, NY, and the surrounding New York area, so bring your leather to us. We are amazing leather cleaners!
- Wedding Dress Cleaning – after the wedding, you want to preserve your wedding dress for posterity. We specialize in wedding dress cleaning and have cleaned many a wedding dress in our day. We can clean that dress so that you preserve your wedding memories for posterity and might even some day pass that beautiful wedding dress down to your daughter!
- Fur Cleaning – we clean furs of all types – minks, rabbit, raccoon – you name it, if its fur, we have cleaned it. So if you are looking for a fur cleaner, you have found one. Call for a free phone estimate!
- Table Cloth Cleaning – after that party, after that corporate picnic, you may have many table cloths that need cleaning as well as napkins, and other linen. We have have a complete sister company Stamford Uniform and Linen Service that can professionally clean linens, uniforms, etc. But we also do this for private parties.
- Rug Cleaning – we can clean Persian Rugs, or rugs of any type. If you can bring it in, we can clean it!
- Drapes and Drapery Cleaning – we clean drapes of all types.
- Purse / Handbag Cleaning – if you have an expensive purse or handbag, or a family heirloom that needs cleaning, our specialty purse / handbag cleaner can make that purse or handbag sparkle!
- Shoe Cleaning – shoes of all types, mens and womens, can be hard to clean. Suede shoe cleaning or leather shoe cleaning are our specialties, and we act as professional shoe cleaners for clients in Stamford, Greenwich, Port Chester, White Plains and throughout New York and Connecticut.
- Bed Linen – sheets, pillowcases, even down comforters. These can be very difficult to clean in your home washer – let our experts clean your bed linens for you!
Specialty Cleaning – Fire, Mold, or Flood (Water) Damage
Fire, mold, and flood are among the most threatening forces to damage our houses, our lives, and our clothes.
If you are the unfortunate victim of a house fire in Port Chester, NY, we can help. Our specialty cleaning service near Port Chester, NY, can help with fire damaged clothing cleaning as well as cleaning after mold or smoke damage. So if you are looking for a local New York cleaner that can help with fire, mold, or flood damage, give us a call for a FREE phone estimate to help with your fire damaged clothing!
About Port Chester, NY
Did you know? These famous people – Art Carney, Joseph Campbell, Willis Haviland Carrier and Shirley Chisholm – are from Port Chester, New York. And here’s some interesting history about our fair city of Port Chester –
The decline in agriculture and shipping came during the latter half of the 19th century, with the establishment of major railroads. Gradually the community changed from a port and trading center to a manufacturing center. By 1950, Port Chester was among the leading factory towns in the Lower Hudson Valley. Many well-known corporations had headquarters or production centers in the village, including Life Savers, Empire Brush Works, Arnold Bread, Fruit of the Loom and Russell Burdsall Nut & Bolt Co. On evenings and weekends, Port Chester’s downtown hummed with vitality, as residents of neighboring towns flocked to the village’s stores and restaurants. During the 1970s, most of the factories began to move south or west. Like many other manufacturing communities in the Northeast, Port Chester struggled with a declining economic base. In 1984, Lifesavers shut down its North Main Street factory after 64 years, the last major manufacturer to leave the village.
Since then, Port Chester has revitalized itself with a growing retail and service economy. Port Chester’s downtown Restaurant Row is renowned throughout the region, offering cuisine from around the world in dozens of top-rated establishments. “The Waterfront at Port Chester” retail center has brought a multiplex movie theater to the Byram River shore, Costco Shoppers Warehouse, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Super Stop & Shop, Marshall’s and several other stores. Port Chester’s prodigious industrial growth during the first half of the 20th Century attracted large numbers of European immigrants, primarily from Italy, Germany, Poland and Ireland. Similarly, newcomers from Central and South America and the Caribbean have helped to fuel the village’s recent revival. Latino-owned stores and restaurants have helped bring customers of all ethnic groups back to Main Street and Westchester Avenue.