Our Cleaning Services
Commuter Cleaners aims to be one of the best dry cleaners in New Rochelle, NY, and the surrounding areas of Mt. Vernon, Tuckahoe, Bronxville, Eastchester in New York. We offer three important services for you – our customers –
- Dry Cleaning – looking for the best dry cleaners in New Rochelle, NY? We aim to be the best dry cleaners in town and one of the top-rated dry cleaning services. Drop by one of our convenient stores!
- Home Pickup & Delivery – need convenience? Our home delivery service will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning right to your door. We do the hard work for you – a great time saver for busy New Rochelle residents!
- Specialty Cleaners – we are one of the largest cleaners in the greater NY / CT metro area, and we specialize in specialty cleaning such as suede, rugs, leather, wedding dresses, linens – anything and everything. If you are looking for the best specialty cleaner in New Rochelle- you’ve found it!
Call us at 203-348-6964 or email us for a FREE estimate. Learn more about our services below –
Home Delivery Dry Cleaning Service
Serving: New Rochelle, NY and surrounding areas
Watch our video on Home Pickup and Delivery Dry Cleaning!
Commuter Cleaners offers home delivery dry cleaning services within a ten miles radius of New Rochelle, NY. Our New Rochelle home delivery cleaning service like going to the cleaners twice weekly, without you having to waste your time! There is no extra charge, and your credit card is billed at the end of the month for the work we have done for you.
A typical New Rochelle, NY, home delivery customer follows this routine.
- Step 1. On Sunday night he fill his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes. This is a busy New Rochelle resident, and he wants his dry cleaning and other cleaning ‘done for him’ by a local New Rochelle dry cleaner. If there are specialty cleaning items such as suede, leather, bed linens, suits, dresses, sweaters, etc. – we clean any of these and special instructions can be left for specialty cleaning items.
- Step 2. On Monday morning before leaving for work, our busy New Rochelle commuter or resident leaves his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes on his porch. He goes to work.
- Step 3. Our driver, stops by his house (located within ten miles radius of New Rochelle, NY, or one of our other convenient locations in Westchester County NY and in Fairfield County, CT), and picks up the blue dry cleaning / clothes cleaning bag. The driver brings the dirty clothes to our main plant in New Rochelle New York, where they are cleaned.
- Step 4. On Thursday, the clean clothes are brought back to his home in New Rochelle NY (or wherever he might live in Westchester County, NY, or Fairfield County, CT), and left where he has instructed us to leave them; front porch, back porch, garage or alcove. The New Rochelle customer has left another bag on his porch. The driver picks up this bag and brings it to our main plant in Stamford for our dry cleaning process to clean these clothes. We can also do normal wash and fold services for New Rochelle, NY, customers.
- Step 5. On Thursday night, the customer returns home to find that his freshly clean clothes have been delivered and are waiting for him. At the end of the month, he receives a statement detailing all charges to his credit card. In one month he has saved the time wasted on eight trips to the dry cleaners!
In sum, using Commuter Cleaners as your local New Rochelle, NY, home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service is an excellent way to save time on dry cleaning, wash and fold, and other speciality cleaning items. Whether you just want your shirts cleaned and pressed, your business suits or dresses cleaned, or whether you have specialty items like bed linens – let us make your life in New Rochelle easier, by being your best New Rochelle home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service!
Specialty Cleaning from the Best Specialty Cleaners near New Rochelle, NY
Serving: New Rochelle, NY and surrounding areas
Got a special item? We clean it all. Leather, suede, wedding dresses! If you are looking for a specialty dry cleaning service in New Rochelle, New York, give us a call or email. Here is a list of the types of items we commonly clean as one of the best specialty cleaners in the greater New Rochelle, NY, area –
- Suede Cleaning – got a beautiful suede coat? Suede shoes? Suede purse? Suede is one of the most beautiful treatments to leather but it can quickly get spots or dirt. We specialize in hard-to-clean suede items, so bring your suede purses, coats, shoes in and we will make them look like new!
- Leather Cleaning – leather is durable, leather is tough, but leather can get dirty. We specialize as one of the top specialty cleaners in New Rochelle, NY, and the surrounding New York area, so bring your leather to us. We are amazing leather cleaners!
- Wedding Dress Cleaning – after the wedding, you want to preserve your wedding dress for posterity. We specialize in wedding dress cleaning and have cleaned many a wedding dress in our day. We can clean that dress so that you preserve your wedding memories for posterity and might even some day pass that beautiful wedding dress down to your daughter!
- Fur Cleaning – we clean furs of all types – minks, rabbit, raccoon – you name it, if its fur, we have cleaned it. So if you are looking for a fur cleaner, you have found one. Call for a free phone estimate!
- Table Cloth Cleaning – after that party, after that corporate picnic, you may have many table cloths that need cleaning as well as napkins, and other linen. We have have a complete sister company Stamford Uniform and Linen Service that can professionally clean linens, uniforms, etc. But we also do this for private parties.
- Rug Cleaning – we can clean Persian Rugs, or rugs of any type. If you can bring it in, we can clean it!
- Drapes and Drapery Cleaning – we clean drapes of all types.
- Purse / Handbag Cleaning – if you have an expensive purse or handbag, or a family heirloom that needs cleaning, our specialty purse / handbag cleaner can make that purse or handbag sparkle!
- Shoe Cleaning – shoes of all types, mens and womens, can be hard to clean. Suede shoe cleaning or leather shoe cleaning are our specialties, and we act as professional shoe cleaners for clients in Stamford, Greenwich, Port Chester, White Plains and throughout New York and Connecticut.
- Bed Linen – sheets, pillowcases, even down comforters. These can be very difficult to clean in your home washer – let our experts clean your bed linens for you!
Specialty Cleaning – Fire, Mold, or Flood (Water) Damage
Fire, mold, and flood are among the most threatening forces to damage our houses, our lives, and our clothes.
If you are the unfortunate victim of a house fire in New Rochelle, NY, we can help. Our specialty cleaning service near New Rochelle, NY, can help with fire damaged clothing cleaning as well as cleaning after mold or smoke damage. So if you are looking for a local New York cleaner that can help with fire, mold, or flood damage, give us a call for a FREE phone estimate to help with your fire damaged clothing!
About New Rochelle, NY
Did you know? These famous people – Actors Matt Dillon, Rob Morrow, Bud Cort and Jay Leno – are from New Rochelle, New York. And here’s some interesting history about our fair city of New Rochelle –
The earliest residents of New Rochelle were the Siwanoy Indians. Around 1685, after the French government revoked the Edict of Nantes that had assured religious freedom, Huguenots began emigrating from France to avoid religious persecution. In 1688 large numbers of Huguenots sailed from France to the shores of Davenport Neck, which they compared to the Huguenot stronghold La Rochelle, and named their newfound homeland New Rochelle. 1688 is considered the date New Rochelle was founded. In 1899 New Rochelle was incorporated as a city.
New Rochelle’s rich history has exerted a strong influence on social change. A few memorable historic events are:
In 1833 Lucretia Mott, a Quaker, formed an anti-slavery society and later championed the women’s suffrage movement. The Mott family home in New Rochelle is believed to have been used as a stop on the Underground Railroad. In 1849 the New York and New Haven Railroad established a stop in New Rochelle and the population mushroomed. The town became immortalized in the George M. Cohan play “45 Minutes from Broadway.” In the early part of the 20th century the Casino at Glenn Island became a mecca for the great swing bands of that time. The homes and studios of influential artists J.C. Lyendecker, Norman Rockwell and Frederick Remington were in New Rochelle.