Our Cleaning Services
Commuter Cleaners aims to be one of the best dry cleaners in Greenwich, CT, and the surrounding areas of Mianus, Glenville, Riverside, Ridgeway in Connecticut. We offer three important services for you – our customers –
- Dry Cleaning – looking for the best dry cleaners in Greenwich, CT? We aim to be the best dry cleaners in town and one of the top-rated dry cleaning services. Drop by one of our convenient stores!
- Home Pickup & Delivery – need convenience? Our home delivery service will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning right to your door. We do the hard work for you – a great time saver for busy Greenwich residents!
- Specialty Cleaners – we are one of the largest cleaners in the greater NY / CT metro area, and we specialize in specialty cleaning such as suede, rugs, leather, wedding dresses, linens – anything and everything. If you are looking for the best specialty cleaner in Greenwich- you’ve found it!
Call us at 203-348-6964 or email us for a FREE estimate. Folks often search for wash and fold Greenwich CT only to be pleasantly surprised that we offer a 21st century alternative to old-fashioned wash and fold: home pickup and delivery of your laundry and dry cleaning! Learn more about our services below –
Home Delivery Dry Cleaning Service
Serving: Greenwich, CT and surrounding areas
Watch our video on Home Pickup and Delivery Dry Cleaning! (The 21st Century Wash and Fold)
Commuter Cleaners offers home delivery dry cleaning services within a ten miles radius of Greenwich, CT. Our Greenwich home delivery cleaning service like going to the cleaners twice weekly, without you having to waste your time! There is no extra charge, and your credit card is billed at the end of the month for the work we have done for you.
A typical Greenwich, CT, home delivery customer follows this routine.
- Step 1. On Sunday night he fill his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes. This is a busy Greenwich resident, and he wants his dry cleaning and other cleaning ‘done for him’ by a local Greenwich dry cleaner. If there are specialty cleaning items such as suede, leather, bed linens, suits, dresses, sweaters, etc. – we clean any of these and special instructions can be left for specialty cleaning items.
- Step 2. On Monday morning before leaving for work, our busy Greenwich commuter or resident leaves his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes on his porch. He goes to work.
- Step 3. Our driver, stops by his house (located within ten miles radius of Greenwich, CT, or one of our other convenient locations in Westchester County NY and in Fairfield County, CT), and picks up the blue dry cleaning / clothes cleaning bag. The driver brings the dirty clothes to our main plant in Greenwich Connecticut, where they are cleaned.
- Step 4. On Thursday, the clean clothes are brought back to his home in Greenwich CT (or wherever he might live in Westchester County, NY, or Fairfield County, CT), and left where he has instructed us to leave them; front porch, back porch, garage or alcove. The Greenwich customer has left another bag on his porch. The driver picks up this bag and brings it to our main plant in Stamford for our dry cleaning process to clean these clothes. We can also do normal wash and fold services for Greenwich, CT, customers.
- Step 5. On Thursday night, the customer returns home to find that his freshly clean clothes have been delivered and are waiting for him. At the end of the month, he receives a statement detailing all charges to his credit card. In one month he has saved the time wasted on eight trips to the dry cleaners!
In sum, using Commuter Cleaners as your local Greenwich, CT, home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service is an excellent way to save time on dry cleaning, wash and fold, and other speciality cleaning items. Whether you just want your shirts cleaned and pressed, your business suits or dresses cleaned, or whether you have specialty items like bed linens – let us make your life in Greenwich easier, by being your best Greenwich home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service!
Specialty Cleaning from the Best Specialty Cleaners near Greenwich, CT
Serving: Greenwich, CT and surrounding areas
Got a special item? We clean it all. Leather, suede, wedding dresses! If you are looking for a specialty dry cleaning service in Greenwich, Connecticut, give us a call or email. Here is a list of the types of items we commonly clean as one of the best specialty cleaners in the greater Greenwich, CT, area –
- Suede Cleaning – got a beautiful suede coat? Suede shoes? Suede purse? Suede is one of the most beautiful treatments to leather but it can quickly get spots or dirt. We specialize in hard-to-clean suede items, so bring your suede purses, coats, shoes in and we will make them look like new!
- Leather Cleaning – leather is durable, leather is tough, but leather can get dirty. We specialize as one of the top specialty cleaners in Greenwich, CT, and the surrounding New York area, so bring your leather to us. We are amazing leather cleaners!
- Wedding Dress Cleaning – after the wedding, you want to preserve your wedding dress for posterity. We specialize in wedding dress cleaning and have cleaned many a wedding dress in our day. We can clean that dress so that you preserve your wedding memories for posterity and might even some day pass that beautiful wedding dress down to your daughter!
- Fur Cleaning – we clean furs of all types – minks, rabbit, raccoon – you name it, if its fur, we have cleaned it. So if you are looking for a fur cleaner, you have found one. Call for a free phone estimate!
- Table Cloth Cleaning – after that party, after that corporate picnic, you may have many table cloths that need cleaning as well as napkins, and other linen. We have have a complete sister company Stamford Uniform and Linen Service that can professionally clean linens, uniforms, etc. But we also do this for private parties.
- Rug Cleaning – we can clean Persian Rugs, or rugs of any type. If you can bring it in, we can clean it!
- Drapes and Drapery Cleaning – we clean drapes of all types.
- Purse / Handbag Cleaning – if you have an expensive purse or handbag, or a family heirloom that needs cleaning, our specialty purse / handbag cleaner can make that purse or handbag sparkle!
- Shoe Cleaning – shoes of all types, mens and womens, can be hard to clean. Suede shoe cleaning or leather shoe cleaning are our specialties, and we act as professional shoe cleaners for clients in Stamford, Greenwich, Port Chester, White Plains and throughout New York and Connecticut.
- Bed Linen – sheets, pillowcases, even down comforters. These can be very difficult to clean in your home washer – let our experts clean your bed linens for you!
Specialty Cleaning – Fire, Mold, or Flood (Water) Damage
Fire, mold, and flood are among the most threatening forces to damage our houses, our lives, and our clothes.
If you are the unfortunate victim of a house fire in Greenwich, CT, we can help. Our specialty cleaning service near Greenwich, CT, can help with fire damaged clothing cleaning as well as cleaning after mold or smoke damage. So if you are looking for a local Connecticut cleaner that can help with fire, mold, or flood damage, give us a call for a FREE phone estimate to help with your fire damaged clothing!
About Greenwich, CT
Did you know? These famous people – Mel Gibson, actor, director and producer former owner of an estate in Greenwich, Shelley Hack actress was born in town – are from Greenwich, Connecticut. And here’s some interesting history about our fair city of Greenwich –
In 1650, the colony of New Haven and the Dutch agreed to boundary lines and once again, the small town of Greenwich reverted back to control by the New Haven Colony. For the most part, the citizens continued to live as they had previously, with everyone doing pretty much whatever they wished. In 1656, claims are made in New Haven that the residents of Greenwich “live in a disorderly and riotous manner, sell intoxicating liquors to the Indians, receive and harbor servants who have fled their masters, and join persons unlawfully in marriage.” On October 6, 1656, Greenwich, represented by 12 men, submitted to the New Haven jurisdiction and was then told to “fall in with Stamford.”
On February 5, 1664, the Seven Proprietors made a formal request to the General Assembly in Hartford to be allowed to separate from Stamford and to support its own minister and lay out its own lands. The Seven Proprietors were John MEAD, Jonathan RENALDS, John HOBBY, Joseph FERRIS, Joshua KNAPP, Angell HUSTED, and Jeffrey FERRIS.
On May 11, 1665, the General Assembly in Hartford declared Greenwich a separate township, and authorized funds for the hiring and support of an orthodox minister. In 1672, the so-called “27 Proprietors” bought land from the few remaining Indians to the west of the “Myanos River.” This land became known as “Horseneck” because of the neck of land now known as Field Point was the common HORSE PASTURE. Official title was not obtained from the Indians until 1686, but the land was laid out for home lots, divided and granted to those so-called “27 Proprietors.”
The town of Greenwich expanded and prospered steadily, supplying the packet boats with shipments of locally grown produce and other wares. Greenwich played an active role in the Revolutionary War. Its most famous event was the race through Greenwich by General Israel PUTNAM, who made a daring escape from the British on the morning of February 26, 1779. While the British were able to pillage and loot Greenwich, they were not able to prevent General PUTNAM from rushing to warn Stamford. General PUTNAM’s tricorn hat, with a bullet hole pierced through its side, is displayed at “Putnam’s Cottage,” the tavern belonging to Israel KNAPP.