Our Cleaning Services
Commuter Cleaners aims to be one of the best dry cleaners in Greenburgh, NY, and the surrounding areas of Yonkers, Scarsdale, Harrison, New Rochelle in New York. We offer three important services for you – our customers –
- Dry Cleaning – looking for the best dry cleaners in Greenburgh, NY? We aim to be the best dry cleaners in town and one of the top-rated dry cleaning services. Drop by one of our convenient stores!
- Home Pickup & Delivery – need convenience? Our home delivery service will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning right to your door. We do the hard work for you – a great time saver for busy Greenburgh residents!
- Specialty Cleaners – we are one of the largest cleaners in the greater NY / CT metro area, and we specialize in specialty cleaning such as suede, rugs, leather, wedding dresses, linens – anything and everything. If you are looking for the best specialty cleaner in Greenburgh- you’ve found it!
Call us at 203-348-6964 or email us for a FREE estimate. Learn more about our services below –
Home Delivery Dry Cleaning Service
Serving: Greenburgh, NY and surrounding areas
Watch our video on Home Pickup and Delivery Dry Cleaning!
Commuter Cleaners offers home delivery dry cleaning services within a ten miles radius of Greenburgh, NY. Our Greenburgh home delivery cleaning service like going to the cleaners twice weekly, without you having to waste your time! There is no extra charge, and your credit card is billed at the end of the month for the work we have done for you.
A typical Greenburgh, NY, home delivery customer follows this routine.
- Step 1. On Sunday night he fill his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes. This is a busy Greenburgh resident, and he wants his dry cleaning and other cleaning ‘done for him’ by a local Greenburgh dry cleaner. If there are specialty cleaning items such as suede, leather, bed linens, suits, dresses, sweaters, etc. – we clean any of these and special instructions can be left for specialty cleaning items.
- Step 2. On Monday morning before leaving for work, our busy Greenburgh commuter or resident leaves his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes on his porch. He goes to work.
- Step 3. Our driver, stops by his house (located within ten miles radius of Greenburgh, NY, or one of our other convenient locations in Westchester County NY and in Fairfield County, CT), and picks up the blue dry cleaning / clothes cleaning bag. The driver brings the dirty clothes to our main plant in Greenburgh New York, where they are cleaned.
- Step 4. On Thursday, the clean clothes are brought back to his home in Greenburgh NY (or wherever he might live in Westchester County, NY, or Fairfield County, CT), and left where he has instructed us to leave them; front porch, back porch, garage or alcove. The Greenburgh customer has left another bag on his porch. The driver picks up this bag and brings it to our main plant in Stamford for our dry cleaning process to clean these clothes. We can also do normal wash and fold services for Greenburgh, NY, customers.
- Step 5. On Thursday night, the customer returns home to find that his freshly clean clothes have been delivered and are waiting for him. At the end of the month, he receives a statement detailing all charges to his credit card. In one month he has saved the time wasted on eight trips to the dry cleaners!
In sum, using Commuter Cleaners as your local Greenburgh, NY, home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service is an excellent way to save time on dry cleaning, wash and fold, and other speciality cleaning items. Whether you just want your shirts cleaned and pressed, your business suits or dresses cleaned, or whether you have specialty items like bed linens – let us make your life in Greenburgh easier, by being your best Greenburgh home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service!
Specialty Cleaning from the Best Specialty Cleaners near Greenburgh, NY
Serving: Greenburgh, NY and surrounding areas
Got a special item? We clean it all. Leather, suede, wedding dresses! If you are looking for a specialty dry cleaning service in Greenburgh, New York, give us a call or email. Here is a list of the types of items we commonly clean as one of the best specialty cleaners in the greater Greenburgh, NY, area –
- Suede Cleaning – got a beautiful suede coat? Suede shoes? Suede purse? Suede is one of the most beautiful treatments to leather but it can quickly get spots or dirt. We specialize in hard-to-clean suede items, so bring your suede purses, coats, shoes in and we will make them look like new!
- Leather Cleaning – leather is durable, leather is tough, but leather can get dirty. We specialize as one of the top specialty cleaners in Greenburgh, NY, and the surrounding New York area, so bring your leather to us. We are amazing leather cleaners!
- Wedding Dress Cleaning – after the wedding, you want to preserve your wedding dress for posterity. We specialize in wedding dress cleaning and have cleaned many a wedding dress in our day. We can clean that dress so that you preserve your wedding memories for posterity and might even some day pass that beautiful wedding dress down to your daughter!
- Fur Cleaning – we clean furs of all types – minks, rabbit, raccoon – you name it, if its fur, we have cleaned it. So if you are looking for a fur cleaner, you have found one. Call for a free phone estimate!
- Table Cloth Cleaning – after that party, after that corporate picnic, you may have many table cloths that need cleaning as well as napkins, and other linen. We have have a complete sister company Stamford Uniform and Linen Service that can professionally clean linens, uniforms, etc. But we also do this for private parties.
- Rug Cleaning – we can clean Persian Rugs, or rugs of any type. If you can bring it in, we can clean it!
- Drapes and Drapery Cleaning – we clean drapes of all types.
- Purse / Handbag Cleaning – if you have an expensive purse or handbag, or a family heirloom that needs cleaning, our specialty purse / handbag cleaner can make that purse or handbag sparkle!
- Shoe Cleaning – shoes of all types, mens and womens, can be hard to clean. Suede shoe cleaning or leather shoe cleaning are our specialties, and we act as professional shoe cleaners for clients in Stamford, Greenwich, Port Chester, White Plains and throughout New York and Connecticut.
- Bed Linen – sheets, pillowcases, even down comforters. These can be very difficult to clean in your home washer – let our experts clean your bed linens for you!
Specialty Cleaning – Fire, Mold, or Flood (Water) Damage
Fire, mold, and flood are among the most threatening forces to damage our houses, our lives, and our clothes.
If you are the unfortunate victim of a house fire in Greenburgh, NY, we can help. Our specialty cleaning service near Greenburgh, NY, can help with fire damaged clothing cleaning as well as cleaning after mold or smoke damage. So if you are looking for a local Connecticut cleaner that can help with fire, mold, or flood damage, give us a call for a FREE phone estimate to help with your fire damaged clothing!
About Greenburgh, NY
Did you know? These famous people – Actor Glenn Close Edward James Begley, Sr. and Graham S. Beckel are from or live in NY. – are from Greenburgh, New York. And here’s some interesting history about our fair city of Greenburgh –
Early law enforcement in the Town of Greenburgh was provided by the County Sheriff and part-time Town Constables. The New York Aqueduct Police also maintained law and order in the rowdy construction camps that grew up around the area during the period when the new Croton Aqueduct was being built in the late 1800s. Town of Greenburgh records show that Town Constables were often appointed when a problem arose at a specific location but their services were quickly terminated when the situation was eliminated. The Sheriff investigated most of the serious crimes and provided deputies for major events. There were no routine patrols to discourage crime and matters usually had to become quite serious before action was taken.
In 1909, a group of residents from the unincorporated areas of the town petitioned the Town Board for police protection and on January 24th, 1910, under the guidance of Town Supervisor Charles D. Millard, the Greenburgh Police Department was officially established. During its first months of existence, the force was comprised of four regular police officers and three special officers. They had no headquarters and no automobiles. Each policeman received his assignments by telephoning Justice of the Peace Moorehouse at his residence. One horse and one bicycle were provided for use by the department and communications consisted of three telephone call boxes which were located at East Irvington, North Elmsford and the Fair Grounds (now called Fairview).