Our Cleaning Services
Commuter Cleaners aims to be one of the best dry cleaners in Fairfield, CT, and the surrounding areas of Bridgeport, Westport, Cranbury, Weston in Connecticut. We offer three important services for you – our customers –
- Dry Cleaning – looking for the best dry cleaners in Fairfield, CT? We aim to be the best dry cleaners in town and one of the top-rated dry cleaning services. Drop by one of our convenient stores!
- Home Pickup & Delivery – need convenience? Our home delivery service will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning right to your door. We do the hard work for you – a great time saver for busy Fairfield residents!
- Specialty Cleaners – we are one of the largest cleaners in the greater NY / CT metro area, and we specialize in specialty cleaning such as suede, rugs, leather, wedding dresses, linens – anything and everything. If you are looking for the best specialty cleaner in Fairfield- you’ve found it!
Call us at 203-348-6964 or email us for a FREE estimate. Learn more about our services below –
Home Delivery Dry Cleaning Service
Serving: Fairfield, CT and surrounding areas
Watch our video on Home Pickup and Delivery Dry Cleaning!
Commuter Cleaners offers home delivery dry cleaning services within a ten miles radius of Fairfield, CT. Our Fairfield home delivery cleaning service like going to the cleaners twice weekly, without you having to waste your time! There is no extra charge, and your credit card is billed at the end of the month for the work we have done for you.
A typical Fairfield, CT, home delivery customer follows this routine.
- Step 1. On Sunday night he fill his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes. This is a busy Fairfield resident, and he wants his dry cleaning and other cleaning ‘done for him’ by a local Fairfield dry cleaner. If there are specialty cleaning items such as suede, leather, bed linens, suits, dresses, sweaters, etc. – we clean any of these and special instructions can be left for specialty cleaning items.
- Step 2. On Monday morning before leaving for work, our busy Fairfield commuter or resident leaves his Commuter Cleaners bag with his dirty clothes on his porch. He goes to work.
- Step 3. Our driver, stops by his house (located within ten miles radius of Fairfield, CT, or one of our other convenient locations in Westchester County NY and in Fairfield County, CT), and picks up the blue dry cleaning / clothes cleaning bag. The driver brings the dirty clothes to our main plant in Fairfield Connecticut, where they are cleaned.
- Step 4. On Thursday, the clean clothes are brought back to his home in Fairfield CT (or wherever he might live in Westchester County, NY, or Fairfield County, CT), and left where he has instructed us to leave them; front porch, back porch, garage or alcove. The Fairfield customer has left another bag on his porch. The driver picks up this bag and brings it to our main plant in Stamford for our dry cleaning process to clean these clothes. We can also do normal wash and fold services for Fairfield, CT, customers.
- Step 5. On Thursday night, the customer returns home to find that his freshly clean clothes have been delivered and are waiting for him. At the end of the month, he receives a statement detailing all charges to his credit card. In one month he has saved the time wasted on eight trips to the dry cleaners!
In sum, using Commuter Cleaners as your local Fairfield, CT, home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service is an excellent way to save time on dry cleaning, wash and fold, and other speciality cleaning items. Whether you just want your shirts cleaned and pressed, your business suits or dresses cleaned, or whether you have specialty items like bed linens – let us make your life in Fairfield easier, by being your best Fairfield home pickup and delivery dry cleaning service!
Specialty Cleaning from the Best Specialty Cleaners near Fairfield, CT
Serving: Fairfield, CT and surrounding areas
Got a special item? We clean it all. Leather, suede, wedding dresses! If you are looking for a specialty dry cleaning service in Fairfield, Connecticut, give us a call or email. Here is a list of the types of items we commonly clean as one of the best specialty cleaners in the greater Fairfield, CT, area –
- Suede Cleaning – got a beautiful suede coat? Suede shoes? Suede purse? Suede is one of the most beautiful treatments to leather but it can quickly get spots or dirt. We specialize in hard-to-clean suede items, so bring your suede purses, coats, shoes in and we will make them look like new!
- Leather Cleaning – leather is durable, leather is tough, but leather can get dirty. We specialize as one of the top specialty cleaners in Fairfield, CT, and the surrounding New York area, so bring your leather to us. We are amazing leather cleaners!
- Wedding Dress Cleaning – after the wedding, you want to preserve your wedding dress for posterity. We specialize in wedding dress cleaning and have cleaned many a wedding dress in our day. We can clean that dress so that you preserve your wedding memories for posterity and might even some day pass that beautiful wedding dress down to your daughter!
- Fur Cleaning – we clean furs of all types – minks, rabbit, raccoon – you name it, if its fur, we have cleaned it. So if you are looking for a fur cleaner, you have found one. Call for a free phone estimate!
- Table Cloth Cleaning – after that party, after that corporate picnic, you may have many table cloths that need cleaning as well as napkins, and other linen. We have have a complete sister company Stamford Uniform and Linen Service that can professionally clean linens, uniforms, etc. But we also do this for private parties.
- Rug Cleaning – we can clean Persian Rugs, or rugs of any type. If you can bring it in, we can clean it!
- Drapes and Drapery Cleaning – we clean drapes of all types.
- Purse / Handbag Cleaning – if you have an expensive purse or handbag, or a family heirloom that needs cleaning, our specialty purse / handbag cleaner can make that purse or handbag sparkle!
- Shoe Cleaning – shoes of all types, mens and womens, can be hard to clean. Suede shoe cleaning or leather shoe cleaning are our specialties, and we act as professional shoe cleaners for clients in Stamford, Greenwich, Port Chester, White Plains and throughout New York and Connecticut.
- Bed Linen – sheets, pillowcases, even down comforters. These can be very difficult to clean in your home washer – let our experts clean your bed linens for you!
Specialty Cleaning – Fire, Mold, or Flood (Water) Damage
Fire, mold, and flood are among the most threatening forces to damage our houses, our lives, and our clothes.
If you are the unfortunate victim of a house fire in Fairfield, CT, we can help. Our specialty cleaning service near Fairfield, CT, can help with fire damaged clothing cleaning as well as cleaning after mold or smoke damage. So if you are looking for a local Connecticut cleaner that can help with fire, mold, or flood damage, give us a call for a FREE phone estimate to help with your fire damaged clothing!
About Fairfield, CT
Did you know? These famous people – Collis Potter Huntington financier, Harwinton, Charles Ives composer, Danbury, Edwin H. Land inventor – are from Fairfield, Connecticut. And here’s some interesting history about our fair city of Fairfield –
As generations passed, families divided the land they had received as town proprietors. New settlements sprang up further from the town center. Residents petitioned to be recognized as separate parishes, because traveling to worship in Fairfield center was a hardship; law required attendance. Stratfield, West (Greens Farms), Greenfield Hill, and Redding were among the first newly formed parishes in the 1720s and 1730s.
As the formation of new parishes and religious denominations continued through the 18th century, Fairfield became a less homogenous community than its founders would have found acceptable. These differences, as well as the physical distance from Fairfield’s Town Meetings, set the stage for town separations. In 1767, Redding became the first new town “carved” from Fairfield lands. The Norfield and North Fairfield parishes below Redding became the town of Weston in 1787. Half of Weston separated to become Easton in 1845. Westport was carved from both Fairfield and Norwalk in 1835, and Black Rock was acquired by Bridgeport in 1870.
Division of the Long Lots and Commons
In the 1660s and 1670s, Fairfield began purchasing additional land from the Indians, extending well into the area that is now Redding. (Fairfield’s northern boundary was present-day Cross Highway in Redding.) This formalized expansion was part of a colony-wide effort to gain control of land. When the British monarchy was restored to power in 1660, New England colonists began to fear that the mother country would renew its interest in the colonies and its land resources. In 1671, Fairfield set aside a half-mile-wide swath of land running approximately east-west and two miles north of the King’s Highway. A mile-wide tract, intersecting the Half-Mile Common at its center, extended to the northern boundary of Fairfield, today’s Cross Highway in Redding. Land on either side of the Mile Common was divided into long, narrow parcels, which were distributed as dividends to Fairfield proprietors. These “long lots” were about thirteen and a half miles long and ranged in width from a mere fifty feet to 875 feet. Residents who already had sizable land holdings typically received the widest “long lots.” “Upright highways,” of which present-day Burr Street in Greenfield Hill is an example, were created to provide access to the far ends of the long lots.